Foundation Program - pimâcihisowin
Applicants must have a high school diploma with a minimum overall average of 55% in the following high school courses:
- Four subjects from group A, B, C or D courses
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to present a broad range of subjects in order to benefit from the breadth of learning and to increase flexibility of future program and course choices
- A maximum of two Group B subjects may be presented; they must be from different disciplines
- A maximum of one Group D subject may be presented. Group D subjects used for admission must be 5-credit or any combination of at least 5 credits (e.g., two 3-credit subjects)
Applicants must be 20 years of age or older and have been out of full-time high school for at least 1 year by the beginning of the intake term. High School diploma not required for mature students, but applicants must have a minimum of 50% in English 10-1 or English 10-2 (or equivalent).
Online applications are processed through ApplyAlberta, an application service used by most post-secondary institutions in Alberta. You will need to pay a non-refundable application fee to complete your online application.
All applicants are required to provide official transcripts.
Transcripts from Alberta Institutions
All application are required to provide a Letter of Intent:
- Tell us about yourself and highlight your career and personal aspirations.
- How do you see this program benefitting your education journey.
- A maximum of 1000 words
Submit the required additional documents to the kihêw waciston Indigenous Centre office after you have applied to the program and received a letter of acknowledgement from the Office of the University Registrar.