Foundation Program - International
Applicants 17 years or older must have a high school diploma with a minimum overall average of 60%, with no grade lower than 50%, in the following high school courses:
- Four subjects from group A, B, C or D courses
- An English Language Proficiency through a standardized exam such as IELTS or TOEFL. Student should present a minimum IELTS overall band score of 5.5 or overall score 70 iBT TOEFL.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to present a broad range of subjects in order to benefit from the breadth of learning and to increase flexibility of future program and course choices
- A maximum of two Group B subjects may be presented; they must be from different disciplines
- A maximum of one Group D subject may be presented. Group D subjects used for admission must be 5-credit or any combination of at least 5 credits (e.g., two 3-credit subjects)
MacEwan International Support
MacEwan International staff and volunteers will supply orientation information and help you prepare for your studies. They can help you:
- Change your address.
- Set up a Canadian bank account.
- Get your MacEwan University photo ID card.
- Once registered you can pick up your U-Pass (bus and train) with SAMU.
Online applications are processed through ApplyAlberta, an application service used by most post-secondary institutions in Alberta. You will need to pay a non-refundable application fee to complete your online application as well as update your transcripts and documents from outside of Canada.