Academic Calendar


All students at the university are required to enrol in courses. Students will not be permitted to attend classes unless officially enrolled.

How to Enrol

  • Using your MacEwan University Network ID, log into
  • Click on the myStudentSystem tab to enrol in your courses and pay your tuition fees

For online instructions on how to use myStudentSystem navigate to our Step-By-Step Guide at

Making Changes in Courses

You may make course additions or course section changes up to the last day for course add/changes as specified in the academic schedule for each term. These changes will be permitted only if space is available in the course section you have chosen. You may drop a credit course without academic penalty any time up to the academic withdrawal date.

Before the Add/Drop Deadline Published in the Academic Schedule

Most students are able to drop their courses online up until the withdrawal date published in the Academic Schedule. If you drop a course before the last day to add/drop then no record of that course will appear on your transcript. If you drop a course between the last day to add/drop and the withdrawal date then the course will appear on your transcript and a “W” grade will be assigned to your record.

Note: Any changes may alter your current fee assessment. See the Refund Policies section for more information.

After the “Add/Drop Deadline” each term, if you drop a course you will receive a grade of “W” on your transcript and you will be responsible for the full tuition of the course.

Notifying your instructor, ceasing to attend classes, or stopping payment on a cheque will NOT be accepted as a course(s) drop.

If there is a change in your fee assessment, you may receive a refund or a fee notice by the Financial Services department.

Note: As all courses may not be offered every term, students should consult the schedule of courses for each term before dropping a course.

Students with Disabilities

Students who may require accommodations due to a disability are advised to discuss their needs with Services to Students with Disabilities ( Students should also advise instructors at the beginning of the course if accommodations are requested.